claudio.geyken

Energy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Podcasts

Discussion created by claudio.geyken Partner on 25-Jan-2017
Latest reply on 10-Aug-2017 by claudio.geyken

Good day CommUnity members!

Podcasts are a very informative way to learn, you can listen even while doing something else. Detailed analyses are offered. Resources are difficult to find, hence, I suggest to collaborate together on a list of the best sources and featured episodes.

If you have a podcast to add to this list, please click on edit  in the upper right hand corner of this document and enter in the website you would like to add to the list, following the same format. Or you may add your suggestion as a comment to this document but please make sure you do a brief description.

Thanks in advance!

Claudio

Podcast channels

PodcastCategoryDescription
The Energy Gang

Energy, Cleantech,

Environment

The Energy Gang is a weekly podcast on energy, cleantech, and the environment hosted by Stephen Lacey, Katherine Hamilton, and Jigar Shah.
Energy Transition ShowEnergy Transition

The Energy Transition Show covers the full range of energy transition globally, including grid power, all fuels, transportation systems, macroeconomics, and more.

Recently moved to a subscription based model, there are some free episodes and the old ones are still great. It is more technical than the energy gang usually.

The Elephant PodcastClimate changeEach episode explores a different story, angle, battleground, or facet of climate change through illuminating conversations with leading thinkers, experts, journalists, and scientists. From pipelines to oceans, from power to money, from congress to economics.
FreakonomicsSocioeconomic issues

Freakonomics Radio is an American public radio program which discusses socioeconomic issues for a general audience. The show is a spin-off of the 2005 book FreakonomicsJournalist Stephen Dubner hosts the show, with economist Steven Levitt as a regular guest.

BCC PodcastWide range

A wide range of programmes and highlights are available as podcasts for you to download for free.

France 24 - part of their regular series Tech 24

Wide rangeInternational News Channel
Radiolab

About Curiosity /

wide range

Great and informative podcasts on interesting and sometimes controversial topics.

Masters of ScaleManaging your Business Masters of Scale is an original podcast hosted by LinkedIn Co-Founder and Greylock Partner Reid Hoffman showing how companies grow from zero to a gazillion. The series unfolds like a music-infused detective story as Hoffman tests his theories with famous founders. 
Gimlet Media: The PitchBusiness creationA show where real entrepreneurs pitch to real investors—for real money. In each episode, we take you behind closed doors to the critical moment when aspiring entrepreneurs put it all on the line. 
From ScratchBusiness creationInterviews with founders about the early days of their companies.
How I Built ThisBusiness creationAbout innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built. Each episode is a narrative journey marked by triumphs, failures, serendipity and insight — told by the founders of some of the world's best known companies and brands.
Entrepreneur on FireEntrepreneurshipInterviews with today’s most inspiring entrepreneurs 
The Tim Ferris showBusiness, Entrepreneurship, Self developmentIt is generally the #1 business podcast on all of iTunes. One of my favourites as it features successful people, their habits, routines, favorite books etc. 

Highlighted episodes

PodcastEnergy related?Description
The energy gangYes

About digitalization especially relevant for iberdrola energy challenge

About Clean tech startups accelerators.

Freakonomics - Big CoalYesIt talks about coal, and how even though the Clean Air act was a success for many, it turned out to be quite dangerous for others. I am pretty sure that this could open up some space for discussion.
Freakonomics - Tell Me Something I don't knowNoExtremely funny show in which you can learn some new and interesting facts, be sure to check out Tell Me Something I Don't Know, from the same author.
BCC Podcast - Can tech help solve our pollution problem?YesThe most astonishing fact in it is that "Fewer than one in 10 people worldwide breathe air that meets WHO air quality guidelines". 

Sailing the world for a cleaner future

France 24 - part of their regular series Tech 24

YesIt presents short documentaries of 15 minutes with title of Energy Observer. Their last week's episode by the name of Sailing the world for a cleaner future was specially focused on three startups. and I am expecting this show to run for more start-up intros as well.

Outcomes