Join the European Youth Event 2020!
For our CommUnity members, we now have this exciting opportunity to join the European Youth Event 2020 (EYE2020).
Every two years, the EYE2020 brings together thousands of young people from all over the European Union and beyond to share and shape their ideas on the future of Europe. This year, EYE2020 will take place at the European Parliament's seat in Strasbourg on 29-30 May 2020. To be eligible to participate, you must be between 16 and maximum 30 years old and a citizen and resident in the European Union or nationals of candidate countries.
As a CommUnity member, you have the opportunity to join our EYE2020 team of 20 volunteers to organise and run a Scenario Exploration System (SES) workshop during the event, as well as enjoying the activities prepared by other European organisations!
Therefore, we are looking for people for the following different roles:
- Workshop facilitator (prior experience required): As a workshop facilitator, you will lead one of the tables as a game master. Within this role, you should facilitate discussions and create the correct environment for a cooperative and constructive experience. In order to deliver an appropriate session, you need to prove previous experience in running a session or at least having attended a session as a participant. Priority will be given to applicants who moderated an event before 31/01/20. Applicants will also be considered if they can demonstrate that they will have enough experience by 31/03/2020 from events like:
- SES training in Brussels (Sep 2019)
- SES workshop at The CommUnity days (October 2019)
- Local SES event in your CommUnity
- Other events where Climate Change and/or Sustainable Cities scenarios were used
- Social media responsible: As social media responsible, you will ideate and create content to advertise and promote the EYE2020 and the CommUnity participation, before, during and after the event. The social media group will explore creative ways to communicate the future of Europe.
- Photographer: As a photographer, you will be taking photos before and during the event for a more impactful communication of future reports and social media posts.
- Article writer: The assigned person will write an article to report on the activities of the CommUnity at the EYE2020. Prior writing experience and prior collaborations with the CommUnity Post will be an added value.
- Activities reporter: The EYE2020 is for most people an opportunity for networking and to experience Europe’s future. We are looking for people who are interested in promoting the CommUnity and to explore other organisations for possible future collaborations.
Let us know your interest by filling in the following form: https://innoenergycommunity.typeform.com/to/VnE6oe
The deadline is on the 31st of January. We will contact you afterwards with more information about the selection procedure and the event.