• Giacomo Ravaioli
    • Krystel Araneda
    • Marcello Avanzini
    • Stefano Roveda
    • Awab Baqar
    • Niccolò Tommasini
    • Federica Tomasini
    • Gonzalo Sanson

In the last blog posts proposed on the group we discussed about the existence of different Paths of development and the risk to provide more harm than good.

For Krystel Araneda part of the problem lies in "wanting to go fast without a previous observation phase". This can be solved with direct contact with the community involved ("ask the community about their experience, spend a week doing djumbai with them") and humility ("always assume you are no expert").

OK, so? 

So we can do something as InnoEnergy members.

The interest in calls to action towards developing countries is getting stronger (just see the last 2 Alumni Unite) and this is a proposal of bottom-up activity inside the InnoEnergy program from students willing to challenge such a field.

The project involves IE students and students from developing countries.

Scheme:

Phase 1: Volunteer students renounce scholarship for 2 months, with that money you pay the plane for incoming buddy to live with hosting buddy (which offers accommodation) and participate in crash courses in entrepreneurship and sustainability. Hosting buddy also takes care to present the European reality without filters and in the most extensive way possible. A business application is defined in the country of the visitor buddy. The project may vary from a larger national project to one-man business activiy

Phase 2 the two buddies begin the project that can be inserted in POY, thesis, or project-based exam. The IE student becomes the incoming buddy for a period of field work on the designated project.

This is a scheme, which offers many points of discussion to be addressed on the group. 

For example, I read that the effort and gain should be divided according to nature: personal hosting effort is repaid by the training experience and by a project with a unique involvement level. The economic effort should perhaps correspond to a possible economic gain with a sort of prize (even very small).

Another question is about the incoming buddies: where do they come from and how are they contacted? For this first pilot I think alumni and other IE member who already had experiences in developing countries could share their personal contacts (I will with the ones I have).

The language barrier will be avoided by matching buddies who share a common language (considering english not as lingua franca but only for "english-speaking" countries such India or Nigeria). An effort from the hosting buddy will be made by learning to very basic extent the visitor buddy's mother tongue in order to maximize the positive outcome of phase 2.

About the crash courses I was thinking about courses similar to the ones provided by Catolica in Lisbon, but I am open to any opinion and impression (like for any other aspect of the project) 

This is an idea in order to avoid in the future what happened to Federica Tomasini, for InnoEnergy to have more alumni like Silvia Francioso (always active on the group) and for developing countries to have more empowered and aware people like @Muhammed kabir Bello