What measures were proposed by the European Commission to be competitive on clean energy?
The CommUnity; together with the InnoEnergy EU Business Unit, presents a one day workshop to support InnoEnergy's mission of facilitatating the energy transition. Workshop topics include:
• 9:15 - 9.30: Welcome & registration
• 9:30 - 10.00: Introduction to InnoEnergy and to CommUnity Energy Policies Initiative (Claudio Geyken, Filippo Antonio Capizzi, Maria Chiara Gullì, Davide Garufi, CommUnity by InnoEnergy)
• 10.00 - 10.30: The EU legislative framework: from the Energy Union to the “Clean Energy for All Europeans” package (Louise Coffineau, InnoEnergy EU BU)
• 10.30 - 11.30: What could the “Clean Energy for All Europeans” package bring to your business? (Pierre Serkine, InnoEnergy EU BU)
• 11.30 - 12.30: The Market Design in a nutshell (Marion Labatut, Policy Director, EURELECTRIC)
• 12.30 - 12.45: Participants are allocated roles for a simulation activity
• 12.45 - 13.30: Lunch
• 13.30 - 16.30: Simulation Activity on the Market Design with allocated groups
• 17.00 - 17.30: Debrief by participants on their findings during the simulation activity, followed by a debrief by a representative of InnoEnergy’s EU Business Unit
• 17.30 - 18.00: Q&A session and wrap-up
For this workshop, participants receive a portfolio of documents a week before the workshop, including the revised Market Design directive and regulation. They will have to get to know the main challenges of these pieces of legislation and to identify how it could impact the business. They will be asked to use this knowledge during the simulation activity.
- Network with the main actors involved in EU energy policymaking
- Gain insights on the Clean Energy for All Europeans package
- Forecast how upcoming changes will affect business and get prepared
As you will be aware, the Clean Energy for All Europeans package adopted by the European Commission in November 2016 has highlighted the need for an acceleration of clean innovations as a key enabler in the transition to a low-carbon economy. Strongly aligning with our joint mission to facilitate the energy transition, the CommUnity; together with the InnoEnergy EU Business Unit, have created a two-day Masterclass to enlighten you about the potential impact of this legislative package on the European energy market. And on your business. All of us within the energy sector undoubtedly stand at a turning point within the energy transition: the cost of renewables has become more competitive; uptake and usage are increasing each year; and, most of the technologies facilitating a decarbonised energy system are already available. In order to tip the balance through faster adoption of clean innovations, not only from companies such as yours, but from society as a whole, a deep understanding of policies and how they will influence your business model and the market dynamics is absolutely necessary.