Rwanda island minigrid for sustainable tourism

Document created by claudio.geyken Partner on 27-Aug-2017Last modified by claudio.geyken Partner on 15-Sep-2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
I am organising a minigrid project for an uncle who wants to build renewable energies to provide energy for a sustainable tourism initiative in an island in Rwanda. It is not quite low income but similar challenges nature of minigrid.
We have discussed it with davidenergie and josvandenakker
I've got news from my uncle and here is what he told me in terms of the needs he has (more detail in excel):
For sure he'd need the 1st stage.
2nd stage (depending on funds) a)  or b) all the 3 houses which are being renovated.
He asked me for which budget he needs to count with. (I guess mobile phones need to be taken into account too) 
He told me a stay for free for doing the installation at the island would be perfectly possible.
josvandenakker and davidenergie and anyone else feel free, can you give me feedback on the preliminary calculation attached?
Big doubt I've got is if not recommending to install more for future extra devices, he seems quite conservative in his calculations.
And if costs assumptions are correct.
Thanks

Attachments

Outcomes